and his label falsify his death to get fame?. Photo:Five Star Music. Fans are still upset with Five Star Music over what many consider a badly-thought publicity stunt.
But we thinks the stunt may not have been as popular, without the contribution of some tools and platforms.
1. Twitter A solid false tweet developed thousands of followers, which paved way for the topic #Skiibii
2. Instagram A photo of the aspiring act, lying on the floor broke out, and misled many. …
3. The Celebrities The celebs started lamenting without confirmation. From Wizkid to M.I, they spread the news to their followers, before realising it was all a scam….
4. Blogs/Websites No thanks to various blogs and websites for going to town with unconfirmed reports. Ideally, news of a death should only be confirmed after a death certificate has been issued and sighted. Or if confirmed by an official and named family source….
5. Radio/TV stations Some woke up to hear the news on Radio and TV stations….
Skiibii’s death saga ”5 things that made the offensive stunt successful”.